Monday, July 28, 2008

Commissions

There’s something to be said about collectors returning to acquire more of one’s work; They’re Great!




I’ve had the honor of doing commissioned works for both of these couples.
The first piece I created was for a couple who had seen my work at my studio. They commissioned the first painting for their kitchen. I have that posted in my 4/12/07 post -The Kellingtons. When they purchased a Jersey Shore home in Wildwood, they asked if I would create a painting for it. This one is the Kellington Cottage by the Sea. More recently, I’ve designed a logo for Robert’s company, Front Row Seat Productions; a full-service, live-room recording studio in a beautiful space. You can visit his site here. I’ll post that at a later date.





The second painting was for a couple who, like the first couple, had also seen my work at my studio. They loved the ‘Trento’ series of paintings, so they wanted one to be made in that series. They loved travel, so attempting to hearken back to the golden age of travel, I came up with The TrentOrient Europe. They’ve recently gotten in touch to discuss my creating another piece of artwork for them. You know, I don’t take this lightly. I am really honored when someone likes my work so much that they want more than one. It makes me feel good to make them feel good.

No comments: