Friday, April 13, 2007

Any Suggestions?






If you look at my work, one obvious thing about it is that I have two very distinct styles. This has been something that has been commented upon by a few people in the industry. One says I should find a way to combine the two styles into one. The other person says that I’m just on the verge of having a very powerful and memorable style, but that I have to push it just a bit further. I too believe that I am on the edge of a breakthrough, but my dilemma is exactly how to do it. My pen & ink work is very detailed and meticulous as well as in black & white. My acrylic paintings are loose and brightly colored.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to meld the styles together?
I suppose that the proving ground for this new style will be in the children’s book illustrations I’m starting. I’ll find my own way eventually, but its great to have input.

No comments: