Sunday, April 01, 2007

TrentoVino

One of my longest running series of works is my Trento series. They're a group of paintings whose name comes from my hometown, but its a name that I turned into a story. The idea is that there is a company named Trento (The Trento Manufacturing Company) which makes anything and everything one could possibly imagine. This gave me oodles of ideas for products and allowed me to play with words like Trentine Gum (for Dentyne Gum) and TrentoBahn Tires (for the Autobahn). Get it? I had alot of fun with it and I aquired many customers and repeat customers through this series. I attempted to adapt the same idea to Bucks County Pennsylvania when I had a showing there, but it didn't seem to work as well. I'll have to see if it'll work in New York City.

Shown is one of my earlier Trento pieces, TrentoVino. Its one of my favorites. It one was sold to a disreputable poster dealer in New York. But I won't get into that here. :-(

No comments: