Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Story Books




I create in a few different areas. One of these areas is in writing children’s stories. Just recently, I decided to put these stories down and work toward getting them published. To that end, I joined the Society of Children’s Book Writer’s and Illustrators at the recommendation of an old schoolmate, Robert Sabuda. He said I would learn a lot from them. Last night, I went to my chapter’s critique group and got to meet people, hear other people’s writing and read some of my own work to the group. I must say, it was a very good evening and I’ll definitely keep going.

Cinderella was always my favorite fairy tale, so I’ve posted two Cinderella illustrations. One is from Grimm’s version, the other is a depiction of the live-action Disney movie with the singer Brandy as the star.

As you can see from this and the previous posts, I have two very distinct styles to my work. What I am trying to do is find a happy medium that infuses the best of both styles. Hopefully you’ll see the changes as I go along in this blog.

No comments: